The DFLSD58 2018 Convention is on Saturday, March 10.
Location: Lakeville North High School, Auditorium, 19600 Ipava Ave., Lakeville, MN 55044
Parking: Please follow the DFL signs and park in the upper lot accessed off Ipava Ave. and enter LNHS using those main doors and the auditorium is to the left upon entering the building.
There is another big event (Landscape Expo) taking place in the school at the same time so parking may be a bit challenging in the lower lot.
Registration: (picking up your credentials-badge and lanyard) begins at 9am
Convention Convenes: at 10am in the LNHS Auditorium
Refreshments: Because we aren’t anticipating a lengthy convention, and with the Landscape Expo featuring a food court, we are not providing any refreshments to purchase this year. Please eat a good breakfast beforehand and you may bring lidded beverages into the auditorium.
Nominations: Please visit dfl58.org to find more specifics regarding screening for any of these positions: all of our table officer positions, 12 directors and DFL State Central Committee positions. There are a limited number of screenings available for the morning of the convention (follow the signs). If there are no slots available online, please call Chuck at 952-201-6328 to set up a time for the morning of the convention.
Proposed Convention Agenda
Convenes for screenings and deliberation, 8:00 AM
Convention Registration Opens, 9:00 AM
Call to Order, 10:00 AM Time Certain
- Pledge of Allegiance of the United States
- Affirmative Action Statement
- Credentials Report
- Election of Convention Chair and Secretary/Parliamentarian
- Appointment of Convention Sergeant-at-Arms and Tellers
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Adoption of Convention Rules
- Resolutions Instructions
- Amendments to the DFL58 Constitution
- Affirmative Action Reminder
- Election of Senate District Chair
- Election of Senate District Vice Chair
- Election of Secretary
- Election of Treasurer
- Election of Outreach and Inclusion Officer
- Endorsement of State House Candidates
- Credentials Report
- Election of 3 State Central Committee delegates and 5 alternates
- Election of 12 Senate District Directors
- Resolutions Discussion and Debate Debate limited to 30 minutes
- Credentials report
- Election of 14 delegates and 14 alternates to the State and CD2 Conventions